1. Can you register as both client and contractor?
Yes. If you engage sub-contractors in your business, then it is recommended that
you register as a client and a contractor.
2. Why do we have to pay for this system?
BNG ConserveTM has been designed as a “user pay” system. There are benefits for
the client as well as the contractors. Contractors, once registered in the system,
can use their accreditation to other clients (provided those clients are in
the BNG ConserveTM system). There would be no additional cost involved, as contractor
information needs to be reviewed and validated only once.
3. How is payment to be made?
Payment maybe made by cheque, direct debit or credit card.
4. Is it a once-off or annual or fee for service arrangement and how often are the
It is an annual licensing fee. We do not expect to increase fees arbitrarily; however,
any fee increases anticipated for the future will essentially be pegged close to
the CPI. For example, we have not increased our annual licensing fee since 2007.
We intend to maintain our current fee structure for 2010.
5. Are there “add-on” cost considerations in obtaining accreditation?
We issue a Contractor Accreditation Certificate for a small fee. This is OPTIONAL.
6. If your company perceives that our OH&S system needs improving, can your organisation
assist us? At what costs?
We provide occupational health and safety, environmental and quality management
system consulting, training and auditing services through our company BNG Consulting
Pty Ltd. So, yes! We will be able to support you to improve your OH&S system. As
to costs we could either charge a day rate, based on the type of service requested
– consulting, auditing or training, or we discuss the needs of the client, establish
the scope of work and provide a lump sum quote. If it is acceptable to the client,
we will complete the project based on the quoted lump sum.
7. Can I buy a “generic” OHS system from your firm? At what cost?
As a principle we do not sell “generic” OHS systems. Our approach is to assist organisations
to develop a functional, user friendly system that will be used to mitigate the
organisation’s OHS risks.
8. If we registered within the BNG ConserveTM system, who can see our organisation’s
In BNG ConserveTM there are 3 levels of visibility to data / information in the
system, all controlled by user identification and password. 1st level access – by
contractors – All contractors have visibility of their respective information only
in the system. 2nd level access – by Clients – All Clients have visibility of their
own and all their contractors (approved contractors) information only in the system.
3rd level access – by BNG – as administrators of the system, we have visibility
of all information in the system.
9. Who are the third parties that my information may be given at your discretion?
We absolutely guarantee that none of your information will be given to any third
10. As a possible client, what measures do you take to ascertain the integrity and
accuracy of information supplied to you?
BNG ConserveTM is Contractor Management System that seeks all pertinent contractor information
on behalf of our clients. Details of information must be entered into the system
and copies of the documents scanned and uploaded. We will review all documents,
and validate these, before we accredit the contractor as approved contractor for
11. Your “Terms and Conditions” basically disclaims any liability at all to either
the client or contractor. Is this reasonable?
For a truly comprehensive contractor management process, detailed contractor information
must be gathered by the client, maintained and kept current (as these are the controls
available to a client to mitigate the risks of contractors). We provide this service
for the client very cost effectively. We ask for the information from the contractors
on behalf of the clients in good faith, locate it in a central repository, keep it current and
make it available to our clients 24/7.